Psychological safety is a critical component of high-performing teams and organizations, enabling individuals to feel safe to take risks, share ideas, and express their authentic selves without fear of judgment or reprisal. This course is designed to help individuals and leaders understand the concept of psychological safety and create an environment where individuals can thrive, collaborate, and innovate. Through interactive discussions and practical strategies, participants will learn how to cultivate psychological safety and foster a culture of trust, respect, and inclusion.
In this course, participants will explore the principles and research behind psychological safety, understand the impact of psychological safety on team performance and well-being, and learn strategies to create and sustain psychological safety in the workplace. Participants will learn techniques for encouraging diverse perspectives, promoting inclusive behaviors, and supporting individual growth and development.
Key Topics Covered:
- Introduction to psychological safety: Understanding the concept and benefits of psychological safety in the workplace.
- The impact of psychological safety on performance and well-being: Exploring the research and outcomes associated with a psychologically safe environment.
- Creating a culture of trust and respect: Strategies for building trust, promoting open communication, and fostering inclusive behaviors.
- Effective communication and active listening: Developing skills to encourage open dialogue, active listening, and understanding diverse viewpoints.
- Embracing inclusion: Cultivating an environment that values and encourages diverse perspectives, ideas, and contributions.
- Psychological safety in leadership: Understanding the role of leaders in creating and sustaining psychological safety within teams and organizations.
Throughout the course, participants will engage in practical exercises and group discussions to apply the concepts and techniques of psychological safety in real-world scenarios. By the end of this course, participants will have the knowledge, tools, and mindset to foster psychological safety, enhance collaboration, and create an inclusive and thriving workplace.
Length of Course: 3 hours
Delivery: In-Person, Virtual, or Hybrid
Target Audience: People Managers